Welcome to the Babytalk blog! We’re so excited about Babytalk that we wish we could tell you everything in just one post – but it won’t fit! Everything you would like to know about the festival will be posted here over the coming months but for now we’ll whet your appetite with a quick overview. Curious? Read on…
Babytalk is a festival for babies and their families, expectant parents and anyone thinking of starting or adding to their family. Everyone is welcome to come along and enjoy our comfortable, family-friendly, supportive and inclusive atmosphere. The festival is taking place on the 22nd and 23rd of February 2014 from 10am to 5pm daily in O’Reilly Hall UCD, Dublin.
Babytalk will feature all the things we love about pregnancy and baby events and some extras we think you’ll love!
- Our hand-picked exhibitors will be showcasing their clever products and services
- Our series of short talks from expert speakers will introduce a wide range of topics from trying to conceive, pregnancy well-being, infant nutrition, baby’s first year and more
- For a fun stress-free day out we’ll be providing free car parking, buggy parking, baby changing areas, lots of comfy spots to feed either out and about or in our quiet feeding area and our Easy Parenting café area to get a bite yourself!
- We have fun for all the family with face-painting and a children’s play area plus our exciting entertainment program of music, stand-up comedy, and children’s entertainers
- Our information station will be staffed by representatives from support agencies who can answer questions and point you in the right direction whether you need information, support or both
- Book-lovers of all ages will enjoy our dedicated reading and storytelling area, with author appearances, storytelling and readings from some of our favourite books
- We welcome meetups! Are you in a Facebook group, mum to be thread, new parents group, active on forums or other online community? Arrange a meetup in our comfy cafe area!
Tickets are great value at €10 per day or €15 for a full weekend pass – a perfect Christmas present for parents-to-be or new Mums and Dads or a lovely treat for yourself. Book your tickets now to reserve your goody bag.
We’ll be posting regularly as we prepare for the festival with lots of news articles, resources, info about exhibitors, great guest posts and the sort of things that make us smile here at Babytalk so check back again soon!