Thank you for taking part in a guest post and for helping to spread the word about Babytalk Festival!
Below are our blog post guidelines. If you have any questions at all, please get in touch.
If you have an idea for a post
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us briefly about yourself.
- State the title of your proposed post.
- Attach your proposed guest post in a Word doc or send examples of other posts you have written.
Once we’ve accepted your post, please send us the full post by email. Also attach any images that are part of the post. Please note that we may have to edit your post for length, grammar, punctuation etc.
Please use the following as a guide when writing your post…
- Include an interesting title for your post.
- Include a short intro that creates interest and leads the reader into the main body.
- Please use headings, paragraphs, bullet points and bold text where appropriate so that the copy is easy to scan through for our readers.
- Include a conclusion with a call to action for our readers.
- The post should be 500 – 800 words long. Our audience of parents and parents to be are busy people and tend to read articles while multitasking so we don’t want the posts to be too long!
- Your post should be written in a warm, friendly and non-judgemental tone.
- Include links to resources/further reading/research/ studies etc within the post.
- Posts shouldn’t be overly promotional. Links to your website or blog should be included only in the bio at the end of the post.
- Please feel free to use relevant SEO keywords within the content but keep the content readable at all times!
- Please include a short author bio about you or your company/blog at the end. You can link to your website/blog and a product of yours that is offered free to our readers (please agree all competitions with us in advance). The bio should be approx 50 words and can include an image.
There are a range of topics that we would like to cover on the Babytalk blog. All topics must relate to either trying to conceive, fertility, pregnancy, birth, infants, parenting and early childhood. How-to and Top 10 lists are the most popular post styles. Please ensure the content is problem solving or entertaining in nature.
- Please edit and proofread your post thoroughly before sending it to us.
- If your post includes images, please send them to us as attachments, indicating where in the text they should be located and cite the source.
- Image format should be .jpg or .png and at least 700 pixels wide.
Promotion of post
We will promote all posts via Twitter and Facebook. We would also encourage all of our guest bloggers to do the same and share/link to your post on your social media profiles and blogs. Please check your blog post to respond to any comments that may be directed to you.
Thanks again for your interest in writing a guest post for our blog. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Please Note: We retain the copyright of all material published on babytalkfestival.ie. A guest poster cannot republish their guest post elsewhere without permission as this creates duplicate content.